This past Sunday, over a hundred people came out to QED in Astoria to play a very special quiz benefit for ChickTech, to help girls become proficient in programming, computer engineering, and The Cyber, and to help get women into jobs doing that work.
Tons of good news came out of the evening:
- The quiz’s theme was “2016: What The Hell Just Happened?”, and yet we managed to not mention whassisface even once, which we consider to be a great accomplishment.
- We gave away tons of prizes, from toques and comedy tickets to manga and many, many gallons of excellent beer, thanks to Sixpoint and Bronx Breweries.
- You helped to raised hundreds of dollars to help ChickTech do their thing, at a time when they’re really going to need it.
Thanks to everyone who came & played. Doing good doesn’t have to feel like work. You rocked it.
- February 5, we’re doing a Super Bowl Quiz. Come watch the game! We’ll be giving answers during gameplay, and heckling the commercials, as we do.
- February 12 is Grammy Awards night! Come on out for a special all-music quiz!
- February 19 is our second burlesque show, Show Us Your Wits, hosted by the great Rhoda Dendron. If you’ve never seen burlesque & trivia together, well, this is something really special.
- and February 26 is our 3rd annual Oscar Night. We’ll have an entire evening of Oscar trivia, with a prize pool and lots of other toys. Come early for the red carpet, stay late to see how Sean Penn can ruin the broadcast again this year!